Friday, August 22, 2008

Paparazzi vs. Movie Star

My fourth-grader has just been telling me about a game they play at school, organized by the teachers on yard duty: "Paparazzi vs. Movie Star." Whatever happened to vampire tag? I asked her to type out the rules for me, so that I could share them with you, the faithful Toner Mishap readership. Enjoy! (And please note that I first taught her the correct singular for the plural word "paparazzi"; apparently that's not within the vocabulary of the yard duty teachers.)

To begin, make a group of four people. Make one person the paparazzo, one a movie star, and the other two bodyguards. The bodyguards and the movie star form a circle facing the movie star away from the paparazzo.

The object of the game is for the bodyguards to keep the movie star from the paparazzo.

The paparazzo tries to tag the movie star, because in the game tagging the movie star will give him or her a picture. The bodyguards move the movie star in a circle to keep him or her away from being tagged.

Play rounds until everyone has been everything.

No comments: