Sunday, November 25, 2012

Clouds Are In My Eyes

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air And feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way. 
Joni Mitchell, singer/song writer "Both Sides Now"


I love clouds. Watching them regally float by makes me feel as if I can ponder the world and its many issues. Having recently been to Kauai and waking up to what appeared to be a never-ending parade of morphed dirigibles that not only rivaled Macy’s, but put them to shame.  They had no strings 










Song interlude:
 I've got no strings
So I have fun
I'm not tied up to anyone
They've got strings
But you can see
There are no strings on me
 From Pinocchio, "I’ve Got No Strings"

Every morning I eagerly went to the window to view the clouds that covered the ocean like a top sheet on a neatly made bed. I watched as they tumbled by, some slowly evaporating, others expanding moving slowly as if they were royalty meandering by exuding elegance. 

From the painterly or the photographers’ point of view, clouds accent the mountains, enhance the sunrise, and magnify the sunset such that it often makes those who catch its pause to note the autumnal oranges, pastel pinks and blues.

Your mood can change based on the type of clouds coming over the horizon, but in Kauai they were generally light and fluffy transforming into whatever I imagined them to be as they blew from right to left following the trade winds.

Photographs by RJW

No comments: