Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rice -- Now, In Color!

Researchers in Taiwan have developed new, colored rice to entire its teens back to a more traditional diet. In place of cheesburgers and pizza, the government will encourage Taiwanese kids to scarf down pink, green, yellow and purple rich, each color with its own nutritional boost.

I don't know how things are in Taiwan, but my kids are not happy with any food that has too much of any color -- if it's not white or beige, my kids won't eat it. Unless, maybe, if I told them it was special *princess* rice, in special princess colors... that might work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding, the girls would fight over who gets pink and who gets purple.

bitchphd said...

I don't know about the kids, but I want the pastel-colored rice!

Chandira said...

Blue mac and cheese?? Eww..

DougBot said...

What if you pulled a Calvin and Hobbes and told them it was monkey brains?

(There's a strip where Calvin's mom tells him that stuffed peppers are monkey brains, which makes Calvin excited beyond reason at the thought of eating them. This still makes me laugh.)

One wonders how this rice tastes, given that it was bred for color. California strawberries, for example, look great and ship very well. But they taste like... nothing. Ick.