Thursday, January 05, 2006

Larry David and Cowboys

Our buddy Rags mentioned in a comment that Larry David had recently written a piece on "Brokeback Mountain," and I just did, and it's great; here's an excerpt:
Somebody had to write this, and it might as well be me. I haven't seen "Brokeback Mountain," nor do I have any intention of seeing it. In fact, cowboys would have to lasso me, drag me into the theater and tie me to the seat, and even then I would make every effort to close my eyes and cover my ears.

And I love gay people. Hey, I've got gay acquaintances. Good acquaintances, who know they can call me anytime if they had my phone number. I'm for gay marriage, gay divorce, gay this and gay that. I just don't want to watch two straight men, alone on the prairie, fall in love and kiss and hug and hold hands and whatnot. That's all.

Is that so terrible? Does that mean I'm homophobic? And if I am, well, then that's too bad. Because you can call me any name you want, but I'm still not going to that movie.
Read the whole thing here, in The New York Times.

2 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Chandira said...

I want to go see that movie! But then, I'm a girl... ;-)
C'mon! If it were 2 girls you'd go see it!! lol