Thursday, January 05, 2006

Star Wars Geeks Prepare:
5-25-77 is coming!

Just watched a trailer for an awesome film -- 5-25-77. It's the story of a small-town geek obsessed with science fiction, and in particular the upcoming release of "Star Wars" on May 25, 1977 (hence the film's title).

I can remember dressing as Luke Skywalker for Halloween that year... hmm, I think it was Halloween. Well, I was five years old, so if I wore the outfit a little too much it can be forgiven. That said, I'm still a big fan of the series (even after seeing Episodes One, Two and Three), and I can't wait to see this movie.

The trailer's a big file (54mb), so I'm not hosting it, but you can see it here (just scroll down under the review of the film).

This is the home page for the movie, and this is something you may want after you watch the trailer.

Oh, and did I mention the movie was made on a Mac?

2 comments:

Uisce said...

That sounds cool. I don't remember much about that date -- I was 12 at the time -- but I did see the movie back then.

Chandira said...

LOL.. I was 5 years old then too.. Awesome, wasn't it?
I have a boss who still dresses as Darth Vader, and he's much older than us, so should know better!
Luke Skywalker's cool!