Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New Blogger and New York Playwright

The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but is also the return of art to life.
Oscar Wilde (1854–1900), playwright

I am pleased to add the blog of a former colleague who has followed her dream and moved to New York to pursue her goal of becoming a major playwright. She has already won numerous awards and has been produced around the country.

Please do me a personal favor, stop by at Blindsquirrel, and say hello. She has even earned a position on the coveted boldface blogroll link because she is that good; and I want her to remember me when she becomes the next “overnight” playwriting sensation.

Johnna was also the one who encouraged me to take a class with her and write my two plays. I spent a couple of weeks writing my first 10-minute play, then the day before class, Johnna writes hers during lunch and it was great. The class busted a gut laughing at one of her scenes. I am not exaggerating it was truly a great scene and she pulled it all together in less than one hour.

Our loss of a co-worker and friend will soon be yours and New York’s gain.

New York, New York
I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find I’m a number one, top of the list, king of the hill
A number one
I’m gonna make a brand new start of it - in old New York
And if I can make it there, I’m gonna make it anywhere
It's up to you - New York, New York

As sung by Frank Sinatra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Misanthrope is an excellent playwright!! The play that is the dramatization in some ways of the urinal selection post is extremely producable and was beloved by all of our classmates!

Thank you for the add! I miss you guys!

B2 said...

Johnna, nice to know you're out here in the blogosphere as well.

P.S., Ms. Famous Writer: "ginormous" doesn't have an "a" in it.

So there.

: ^ )

Anita said...

Fascinating . . .I'll definitely go check out her blog. I've never met or known a playwright before.