Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chocolate Rabbit News
Rabbitly Breaking --

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

From Winnie the Pooh

Here at Toner Mishap we spare no effort (I mean that literally) to get the story. Today we investigate, the bitter chocolate battle over the legal right to trademark a chocolate bunny taking place in Europe. We went through our Rolodex of numbers to find quotes from some of the best known rabbits and their perspective:

  • Bugs Bunny said, “hell no, I am so hopping mad. Of course you can’t trade mark a figure that belongs to an entire race.
  • The Hare (The Tortoise and the Hare) asked, “Who wants to race?”
  • Br'er Rabbit replied, “Not only would I have been tarred, but I could have been made illegal too. This makes no sense.”
  • Velveteen Rabbit said, “I hope this ruling takes the stuffing out of the whole industry.”
  • Peter Rabbit said, “What happen to eating healthy? We don’t need junk food.”
  • Easter Bunny dismissed the question saying, he was just hare for the holidays.”
  • Harvey, Could not be found for a comment.
  • Trix Rabbit yelled, “It’s for the kids, gimme a break.”
  • Monty Python Killer Rabbit was laying low and had no comment
  • Playboy Bunny in a high pitched petite voice said, teehe, teehe, I have no idea need to get my hare peroxided.
  • March Hare said, "Hey, I have an excellent idea, let's change the subject."
  • Roger Rabbit said, “How about finding some chocolate vixens?”
  • Pregnancy Rabbit was dead. P.S. James and Linda you better see your doctor
  • The Energizer Bunny was in route and unavailable for comment
  • Thumper raged, “Someone needs to put their foot down about this issue.”
  • The White Rabbit said, “Dude, take a chill pill.”
  • The Nesquik Bunny asked, “How do you spell it?”

That’s all folks, my time has gone by much too rabbitly. I just got hare, but need to tend to my day job before they cut my celery.

No comments: