Saturday, September 08, 2007

Shuffling the iPod

It is the only sensual pleasure without vice [music].
Samuel Johnson (1709–84), author

I found this idea rather intriguing over at Incertus. Place your iPod on shuffle and list the first 10 songs that are played. I did it a couple of times.

My first random 10 songs were:

1 “Déjà vu” by Crosby Stills & Nash
2 “Scarlett Ribbons” by Willie Nelson
3 “Sweet Emily” by Leon Russell
4 “Jet” by Paul McCartney
5 “Fortunately – Vignette for Bed In” by John and Yoko Lennon
6 “Moonage Daydream” by David Bowie
7 “Turn, Turn, Turn” by Pete Seager
8 “My Ship” by Sonny Rollins
9 “City of New Orleans” by Willie Nelson
10 “Helpless Hoping” by Crosby Stills & Nash

I enjoyed it so much I did it again:

1 “The Part You Throw Away” by Tom Waits
2 “Got to Get You into My Life” by The Beatles
3 “A Woman Left Lonely” by Janis Joplin
4 “If you Really Want to be My Friend” by The Rolling Stones
5 “Isis” by Bob Dylan
6 “Torn and Frayed” by The Rolling Stones
7 “Jacksons, Monk and Rowe” by Elvis Costello
8 “Broken Promise Land" by Elvis Costello and Allen Toussain
9 “Learning How to Live” by Lucinda Williams
10 “Blue Suede Shoes” by Elvis Presley
I was reminded curious about what would come next so I continued to 13
11. “Mind Games” (home recording) by John Lennon
12 “Smells Like Teen Spirit by” Patti Smith
13 “Shoot the Moon” by Nora Jones

1 comment:

B2 said...

I didn't realize anyone other than me had "Band on the Run" on their iPod...