Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Please wait, your call matters, please wait your call matters, please wait your call matters…

When complaints are freely heard, deeply considered and speedily reformed, then is the utmost bound of civil liberty attained that wise men look for.
John Milton (1608–74), poet

Whenever I call a company whose service I am using, I get an automated operator who (that) informs me how unusually busy the company is answering other calls, then I get to hear the advertising of all their products. Eventually I am told the call will be monitored. My hope is that they begin monitoring the call from the time I am placed on hold, so they can hear how long their customers are holding. Also, if it is always so unusually busy, why don’t they get more operator? Outsourcing is cheap there should be no excuse.

Actually, I am not sure which is worse, someone who can't help or a recording that is no help.

5 comments:

B2 said...

I hate when the recording claims, "Please continue to hold; your call is important to us."

If my call was so $*^%(^ important, they'd put a $(@%#^& human on the phone!

Attila said...

My hope is that they begin monitoring the call from the time I am placed on hold, so they can hear how long their customers are holding.

Then they could hear all your cussing about the advertising and the long wait.

Anonymous said...

As much as I hate that (and I do), I hate when you are just trying to activate a card and need to go through a bunch of advertising offers. That is infuriating...

alice, uptown said...

My personal favorite? Punching through six layers of voice mail hell, then being seranaded with the dulcet tones of the recording touting the company's majesties. Follow that with a completely incompetent human, and you've got a recipe for going postal.

Chandira said...

what's worse is when they cal you!! I pick up the phone here, and get SO many recorded sales calls!

WHO says 'oh, yeah, I MUST get my mortgage renewed with you people, that will be a good bet!" ????

Infuriating. And you can't even be rude back again...