Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bond, James Bond

Q has blown up a dummy with an explosive pen
Q: Don't say it... 
James Bond: The writing is on the wall. 
Q: Along with the rest of him. 
From the movie "Dr. No"

My favorite actor portraying the indestructible super secret agent James Bond was Timothy Dalton. I thought that he was the dark, cold, and ruthless character Ian Flemming had in mind. Bond was modeled to resemble the musician Hoagy Carmichael.

Hoagy, who wrote Stardust Melody and many others













Craig is not bad, but he reminds me of Russia's President Vladimir Putin or deceased actor Roy Scheider.

 See the evidence for yourself--
Roy Scheider

Daniel Craig

Vladimir Putin
What James Bond should look like--

Timothy Dalton









The real James Bond --
Bond, James Bond

2 comments:

Lucan said...

That quote was actually from GoldenEye. Q didn't appear in Dr. No.

Anonymous said...

On the Mark says: I agree about Putin. He came to mind several times while watching the movie. But I thought Dalton was the worst Bond. He seemed too wimpy to me.