Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bush: You Need Religion to be a Patriot

Here's President George W. Bush in a Washington Times interview:
I think people attack me because they are fearful that I will then say that you're not equally as patriotic if you're not a religious person. I've never said that. I've never acted like that. I think that's just the way it is.
So if I understand this, he's saying that it doesn't matter if he thinks non-religious people are less patriotic -- they just are less patriotic.

And for those who are curious, let me add some details about yours truly:
(1) I believe in God.

(2) I am pleased that our President believes in God and believes he acts as his religion dictates a good person should act

(3) The President of the United States does not have to believe in God as long as he (or she) acts as a good person should act and upholds/defends the Constitution (etc., etc.)

(4) I am patriotic

(5) My religious views do not make me more patriotic than a non-religious person

No comments: