Thursday, January 27, 2005

Imagine: "Bush Pardons 9/11 Bombers"

Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is poised to pardon two Palestinains with proven ties to terrorism, including one of the planners of the fatal November 2000 bombing of an Israeli school bus. That attack killed two teachers and seriously wounded three young children; all three children lost part of their legs.

The pardoning of the two wanted terror chieftains comes as part of a series of unilateral Israeli good-will gestures, including a commitment to end targeted killing of terrorists and the deployment of armed PA police across Gaza. [Link]
Wow. Not sure I agree with this, but I do know that it would be hard to accuse Sharon of not trying almost anything to secure the peace.

[Thanks for the tip, JewSchool.]

2 comments:

B2 said...

Look - we share a blog, and use it to talk to each other!

Seriously, though. I have been continuing to think about this, and here's what I think: terrorists should not be pardoned, certainly not to appease an organization that is still primarily comprised of peopple who support such terrorism.

Unless it means less people die.

So, to reiterate: if more terrorists on the streets means less people die, I'm all for it.

The Misanthrope said...

Talking to each other via the blog is not so unusal; didn't you and your wife just chat the other day via the blog? As a matter of fact, I think that would be a good idea. Unfortunately, if I can't get The Wife to listen to me, I am not so sure I'll get her to read what I have to say.