Thursday, January 06, 2005

Mexican Comic Book is a How-to Guide for Illegal Emigres



A 32-page color comic published by Mexico's foreign ministry in December gives would-be migrants tips including how to swim across the Rio Grande and avoid dehydration in the desert. It also provides advice on how to live quietly in the United States and avoid detention.

Here's the whole thing, on-line for your viewing pleasure... but we've uploaded some pages for you right here:
Look for holes in the fence.
Be prepared to swim.
Bring proper shoes for running.
Take precautions against the heat.
Consider hiring a coyote.
Make sure your "papers" are in order.
Our thanks to Kevin; here's a link to the full story.

3 comments:

JP said...

This blog certainly seems vague, obscure and possibly essential. Cheers!

Pink Poppy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pink Poppy said...

Oops, I somehow just made my previous comment disappear? Hmmm...if I manage to make it RE-appear, THIS comment may be a bit redundant. Anyway, the general idea of it was that I wanted to let you know that I was sending an e-mail to my husband with a link to this post. He's a policy-wonk type and will find this post disturbing, I'm certain. This illegal immigration from Mexico thing just gets curiouser and curiouser, doesn't it?