Saturday, February 19, 2005

McSweeney's Is My New Best Friend

Why do I love McSweeney's? Why have I moved it to the "must-read" section of our links, promoted from its spot on our BlogRoll? Here are five reasons:
1. Rejected York Peppermint Pattie Commerical Blurbs
"When I bite into a York Peppermint Pattie, I feel the sensation of the Lord's righteous anger as He reveals His plan to use me as His holy instrument of judgment! It's all right there between the lines of the ingredients list!"

2. Ways in Which She Could Have Blinded Me With Science
"She removed all traces of vitamin A from my diet."

3. Reading-Too-Much-Into-Things Comprehension
Paragraph A: Her leg brushed up against yours.

1. Did she do that on purpose?
a) Yes.
b) No.
c) Maybe.
d) Don't know.
4. Four Ways in Which My Life is Like Pac-Man's
I won't spoil it for you; hit the link and laugh out loud.

5. Names of Cheeses Inspired By Star Wars Characters
Boba Feta
Take a look, won't you? McSweeney's rocks!

2 comments:

Janet said...

McSweeney's just sounds like a pub somewhere. McSweeneys: Because sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name.

Beth said...

I love McSweeney's too! :-D