Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Roosevelt, Truman, and Kennedy

So you may know that I'm a registered Democrat -- and I have another bone to pick with my party. My voting guide (which I mostly ignored this time around) features three Democrat presidents proudly on the cover: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Harry S Truman, and John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

The guy who got us involved in WW2, the guy who dropped the bomb, and a noted philanderer.

Of course, those three are better than anyone the Republicans could feature -- Hoover, Nixon, and Dubya?

3 comments:

Janet said...

I know I'll be ducking some tomatoes here, but isn't it hard to find a politician, Democrat, Republican or otherwise that hasn't been linked to SOMETHING negative?

The Misanthrope said...

Add me to the agreeing column. I think that politicians once elected are removed from their constituents and live in an ivory tower.

The Misanthrope said...

gothamimage, I like it.