Thursday, December 08, 2005

Isn't it a Pity

Isn't it a pity
Now, isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity
"Isn't it a Pity" by George Harrison, (1943-2001) singer/song writer, Beatle



December is a bad month for former Beatles. John Lennon was killed 25 years ago today. George Harrison died four years ago December 1, 2001. Time just zooms by. I'll play a few of their songs in their honor.

3 comments:

stc said...

It's odd to be so attached to a celebrity, someone at such a remove from one's real life. But John Lennon was so important to me during my teenaged years: not just the Beatles songs but solo albums like Plastic Ono Band and Imagine.

I'll be fighting depression all day.
Q

The Misanthrope said...

I agree with you 100%. There were some who couldn't understand what all the outpouring of grief was about -- Richard Nixon for one couldn't understand why all the news stations were leading with the Lennon story.

Danielle Solzman said...

We all hate this day for various reasons. It's a bloody drag but we all survive with our own ways. For me, it's listening to John singing. I finished his CD before 1 PM and am now playing my MP3s since I finished the CD's just before the end of the 7th--how appropriate. I used the same photo.

I have diaries on MyDD, Kos, and the PM board.