Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Thoughts on Blogging

Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember.
Virgil (70–19 BC), Roman poet

Regular readers know that Toner Mishap said good-bye to daily posting here, here and here. Now it is pretty much just me blogging with comments from On The Mark and occasional posts and mechanical help from B2. I am a bit like Davy Jones of the Monkees or Ray Manzarek of The Doors trying to go on after the band has folded. As a soloist, I followed Bitch PhD's advice and blog only when I feel like it, as opposed to blogging daily with a self-imposed deadline.

For some reason lately I have had a burst of energy about blogging, I honestly don’t know what this is about, but On The Mark says that blogging reflects my moods, more blogs good mood, little or no blogging not such a good mood. I am not sure that is accurate, but I have been relatively happy, at least for a misanthrope.

I have taken yesterday and today off, for a much needed break. Monday was opening day for the Dodgers, but since they have an especially greedy owner, I watch them only on TV. In honor of the home opener, I barbecued a couple of hot dogs and watched the game without the hassles of unruly fans, $15 parking, $5 hot dogs, $70 seats, and traffic.

2 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

I am happy to see the increase in posting. I enjoy them.

The Misanthrope said...

Thank you, that's very nice to hear.