Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Five Stages of Blogging

If I die, I hope to go with my head on that typewriter. It's my battlefield.
Charles Bukowski (1920-1994), author

Stage One: Delirious
I have a blog, therefore I am and you are too. I can write whatever I want and about whomever I want. Watch me dazzle the world with pithy posts and incredible photography. People from around the world are coming to visit me and are leaving comments.

Stage Two: Joseph Pulitzer or King of the World
Let’s see if I publish at 9 p.m. on the west coast I can be among the first to publish for a new day on the east coast. I have always wanted to be a writer and editor. Now I have my own little hometown chronicle with worldwide circulation. I even have a witty name for my publication – it’s an anagram of my pseudonym, we are so clever.

Stage Three: WTF, This is Work!
Crap. Even Maureen Dowd doesn’t write this much. How the hell did Mike Royko do it? I am not getting one thin dime for all this effort. “Let’s face it, writing is hell,” William Styron, novelist.

Stage Four: The End is Near
If I can make the one year anniversary and one hundred thousand hits that will be great! The good-bye posts were awesome and we recognized by various blogs throughout the blogisphere. We’ll write occasionally as time allows.

Stage Five: Nothing Else in My Life and Bush is Still President
Thank goodness for YouTube which provides instant posts when one is too busy or can’t think of anything worthwhile. Thank goodness for smart, witty, commenters and their blogs, which also serve as inspiration.

A tip of the hat to Monkeys for Helping," which is where I stole the art from and reappropriated (corporate jargon).

4 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

Thank you.

Chandira said...

ROFLMAO.. Jesus! Who gets 100,000 hits in a year?? I certainly don't!!

I'm just squeaking up to 50,000 after almost 3 1/2 years. I still have plenty to say, despite the YouTubes.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Does the latter clause in reason 5 mean you'll stop blogging on inauguration day 2009? Surely the new administration will continue to provide ranting material for years to come!

The Misanthrope said...

Hi Chandira, we did, but we worked it. It also helped that Bitch PhD liked us at that time and was directing people our way. Boing Boing picked up at a lot of B2's stuff, etc. so we did it and then stopped daily blogging.

Hi Teresa, I thought about that, but I suspect it will still be just as bad no matter who is in office. I flirt with stopping just about every day.