Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ding Dong He’s Almost Gone

He entered the territory of lies without a passport for return.
Graham Greene (1904–91), novelist

This is excellent news for the citizens of the United States that a suspected corrupt politician (House Representative Republican Tom DeLay Texas), has decided to give up his reelection bid. It is especially good because the not-so-bright or the bribed citizens in his gerrymander district may have elected him again.

DeLay said in a statement, After many weeks of personal, prayerful thinking and analysis, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to close this public service chapter of my life.

I would like to know what prayerful thinking is? Did he read the Pray may be dangerous article last week and started praying for Texas prosecutor Ronnie Earle or his former deputy chief of staff, Tony Rudy, who pleaded guilty to corruption charges, or for Jack Abramoff?

We can only hope DeLay ends up behind bars so that his political career as a lobbyist will also be stopped dead in its tracks.

The way I see it, we have just lost one of the flying monkeys who guards the witch/warlock in the White House. I' m hopeful W will melt away by 2008.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hes not gone yet. I want to see him in prison orange and taking it in the bum.

Nice blog, thanks for stopping by..I will link ya if you dont mind.

The shrub needs his nuts cut off and by that I mean taking back the house and congress this November..VOTE people..its the only way to end the bullshit.

The Misanthrope said...

Thanks, I would be honored. As you can see I already listed your site, which I enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

I found my cafe press T-shirt with DeLay's mugshot on it and wore it when I got home last night. Yea!! One for our side! Now if only our congress people would not assault the capitol police officers, the party would be in good shape.

alice, uptown said...

I'll turn on the faucet while you find the pail, okay?

The Misanthrope said...

Alice, it almost seems that on his own he is walking through the sprinklers. Oh I long to hear the words "I'm m e l t i n g.