Saturday, April 01, 2006

I Have Returned

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
Bob Dylan (singer/song writer), “Things have Changed”

I missed the community of writers and readers. We (On the Mark, B2 and myself) officially stopped writing at Toner Mishap back on Sunday October 9, 2005. We were good, if I do say so myself. We covered a number of topics and brought a realistic and sarcastic perspective to much of it.

I am attempting to make a return. I won’t commit to writing everyday, but I’ll write as I feel like it, as I have been doing, but just a bit more regularly. I am hopeful that B2 and On the Mark will show up from time to time other than just in the comments section.

A Room of my Own
I am now legally separated, have a place of my own in a nice location for the time being until I decide ultimately what I want to do (meaning buying something). It’s been a few months and while it’s sad I don’t think either of us have any regrets that it was not the right thing to do. I mention this because a lot of what I will be writing about will be more personal (maybe) than it was in the past. Really, what choice do I have, how many ways can I say I hate our White House gang?

Spare time
I have been hiking the hills locally a bit and I love it. My friend, who enables me to avoid grocery shopping by providing delicious food at reasonable prices (Uncle Ernie’s), suggested hiking a while back inspired to explore the hills even more. Once the rain stops I will go back out with my camera and show you my current favorite walk.

I am writing this at 12:44 a.m. listening to the rain and Beth Orton’s “Comfort of Strangers” CD and I just noticed that it is April 1, but this is no fool’s day joke. I look forward to seeing you all again.

The Misanthrope

No comments: