Thursday, March 24, 2005

Wendy's Chili is Finger Food

Tuesday night in Santa Clara, California a patron at a local Wendy's, enjoying a bowl of chili, was shocked to find herself with a mouthful that included a human finger (source).

Health inspectors said the restaurant appeared to be generally clean and well-maintained, with only one minor health violation having to do with a leaky vent.

Oh yeah -- and that finger in the chili. I guess that makes two violations.

5 comments:

Chandira said...

Never chug from a milk carton, my uncle had a similar finger experience.. It damaged him.. lol

EEEww Eww EWWW..

Anonymous said...

That story is nasty! I feel so bad for that lady.

I just read a little piece (no pun intended) on this story at nosheteria.com that's worth checking out!

Me said...

It's Chili. At Wendys. Really. I wouldn't expect anything less.

At least it wasn't circumsicon leftovers...

Pirate said...

This is a nasty story. Our paper reported it as a Wendy's in California, and then quoted the DENNY'S rep as saying "all their employees had all their digits." Circumcision leftovers? Hector vex, you do you have a sick sense of humour. I'm with Chandira: EEWWWWEEEWWWWW

LAmom said...

The finger was probably already in the ground beef when it got to the Wendy's. Amputations are common workplace injuries in meatpacking plants.