Monday, July 25, 2005

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

An apology? Bah! Disgusting! Cowardly! Beneath the dignity of any gentleman, however wrong he might be.
Baroness Orczy (1865–1947), novelist, playwright

Bill Clinton apologized the other day for not intervening in Rwanda to stop the genocide of Tutsis and moderate Hutus. He placed a wreath at the museum commemorating victims of the 100-day massacre.

Meanwhile, President Bush has yet to apologize for taking the country to war under false pretense and ending the lives of almost 2,000 soldiers. Yet, only now are people realizing that Bush and his gang might be a little vengeful and corrupt.

What I would not give to have Clinton as president again. I guess the next best choice will be Hillary.

5 comments:

B2 said...

Wow. You're endorsing Hillary?

The Misanthrope said...

At this point I would say yes. What is wrong with that?

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda with you. These feelings hark back to the election, during the National Convention. When Bill came out I looked at my wife and she had tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "he is our Reagan".

I think Hillary is the only sniff we are going to get towards parity...but who can really tell at this point.

The Misanthrope said...

Devo, that is an excellent point. She will keep the country as divided as it currently is. However, I do believe that she would at least attempt to move to the middle.

Chandira said...

I only support Hillary because a) Bill rocked, and b) who else is going to do it? I don't feel that Howard Dean is up for the job.
I'd also love Bill back. Anybody that gets a bj in the Oval office and smoked pot (inhaling or not) deserves to be President.

Or elect ME, I'd be great...