Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What the Bush Gang Wants
for All Journalists

In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile.
Hunter S. Thompson, (1939 - 2005) journalist

According to the New York Times, Friends and relatives of Hunter S. Thompson are planning to see that Thompson’s wish to have his ashes shot from a cannon come to pass. The date of his launching is scheduled for Aug. 20.

Thompson was 67 when he shot himself Feb. 20. It is believed because he was in failing health. According to the article a cannon will be installed on a tower behind in his home in Woody Creek, Colorado.

Excerpted Hunter Thompson letter
…I could be a lot happier about the collapse of Bush and his people and his whole house of cards and everything he stands for, if it didn't also mean the certain collapse of the U.S. economy, and the vital infrastructure, and, indeed, the whole "American way of life."

It will not be anything like the collapse and Impeachment of Richard Nixon, which had little or no impact on day-to-day life in this country. Nothing really changed, except Some people went to prison, of course, but that was to be expected, considering the crimes they committed and the shameful damage they caused ... They were criminals, and the righteous American people punished them for it. Our system worked, and we were all heroes.

Ah, but that was twenty-nine (29) years ago, bubba, and many things have changed. The utter collapse of this Profoundly criminal Bush conspiracy will come none too soon for people like me, or it may already be too late. The massive plundering of the U.S. Treasury and all its resources has been almost on a scale that is criminally insane, and has literally destroyed the lives of millions of American people and American families. Exactly. You and me, sport -- we are the ones who are going to suffer, and suffer massively. This is going to be just like the Book of Revelation said it was going to be -- the end of the world as we knew it.

5 comments:

B2 said...

Truth told, that Munch rip-off portrait of Thompson is my favorite part of this post (no offense, scrivener).

Chandira said...

Yeah, awesome picure.. I LOVE Hunter S T. I read Fear and Loathing way ahead of my time, and it probably saved my life.. lol..

I loved the Rolling Stone article in the elction run-up, that had me laughing so hard. He was right on the money.. That was about the best pre-election thing I read.

Janet said...

I've been interested in reading "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas" for sometime now, but my local library never has it.:(

The Misanthrope said...

I think it was among his last. I found this and others at ESPN, where he also talked about his pain and terrible back pain.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/thompson/030722.html

Anonymous said...

ouch.