Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Update on the In-Laws

In the past I've shared stories about my in-laws and computers, pictures of my in-laws' medicine cabinets, and general in-laws-related-news. Today I'm pleased to share a photo of my father-in-law at the barbeque, using... well, he's never been able to hold on to real barbeque tools, and usually makes do with whatever he has around.

Sometimes it's a machete left over from Vietnam, sometimes gardening tools (as above), sometimes a dog toy... whatever he finds on the patio.

4 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

Does he use these same instruments to flip the food or move it around on the grill?

B2 said...

Oh, yes -- he does. And he's not concerned if a burger should fall to the ground... five-second rule, doncha know!

Anonymous said...

My father has been doing that forever, and his favorite BBQ tool is a k-bar. If you ask him he will tell you that it is part of the seasoning. No matter what tool, my dad does make the best burgers.

Chandira said...

even with dog-drool covered chew-toys? Ick.. lol Sounds a lot like my dad.. His favourite hobby when Iwas a kid was playing with our open fire with various unlikely implements..