Sunday, June 05, 2005

On The Mark -- Books

OK, I'll play along:

Number of Books I Own: I don't know. A lot. I have a floor-to-ceiling library in my home (hard cover); fiction is categorized by author, non-fiction by subject.

Last Book Purchased: Kremlin Rising, Vladimir Putin's Russia and the End of the Revolution, by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser.

Last Book I Read: Little Children, by Tom Perrotta

Five Books that Mean A Lot: This is a painful exercise, like forcing a parent to choose a favorite child. To make it a little easier, I'm restricting my choices to fiction:

Eugenie Grandet, by Honore de Balzac
The Leopard, by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
Humboldt's Gift, by Saul Bellow
The Wapshot Chronicle, by John Cheever
Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

1 comment:

B2 said...

You're both Lonesome Dove fans? Perhaps I should pick it up.